Those are the sightings reported in March 2017.
This month’s menu 😉
- In Galicia, bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus) again. This time spotted from land very close to the mussel culture platforms (bateas) in Ría de Vigo.
- Lots of turtles! All the identified ones were loggerhead (Caretta caretta). Most of them sighted off Madeira-Porto Santo.
- Risso’s dolphins (Grampus griseus) and Atlantic spotted dolphins (Stenella frontalis) off Lanzarote.
- A pod of four orcas (Orcinus orca) while sailing between the Canaries and the Caribbean.
- Common dolphins (Delphinus delphis) while sailing between Lanzarote and Madeira, and between Madeira and Porto Santo.
- Baleen whales travelling north, on the same route as common dolphins. We only saw the blow for one of them, and for the other a bit of head… think it was fin whale!